Most international students find it very difficult to find a good housing option in Canada. However, there is no shortage of housing options in the nation for international candidates. So, to solve this, problem today we are going to teach you how you can find good accommodation for yourself in Canada. Moreover, we will also share with you the info about different types of accommodation options present in the country.
Types of Accommodations
Moving to a nation like Canada can be very challenging for you if you don’t have good accommodations. The majority of international candidates find it very hard to find a good housing option in the nation for themselves. However, there is no shortage of good housing options in the nation for international candidates. Following are the different types of housing options available for students in the nation:
- On-Campus. To learn how to get on-campus accommodation in the nation easily feel free to contact our Canada student visa consultants in India.
- Off-Campus Accommodation
On- Campus Accommodation
Almost all Canadian colleges offer affordable housing options to students near the campus. The main reason many students go for on-campus housing options in the nation is that they are very affordable. Besides this, since they are very near the campus student do not face traveling problems too. In other words, going for on-campus accommodation at the study destination can be very beneficial for you. Following are the different types of on-campus options available in the nation for international candidates:
- Townhouses, etc.
Benefits of On-Campus Accommodations
Following are the major benefits of going for on-campus accommodation in the country:
- These housing options are mainly near the campus of the training institute.
- By going for these housing options, you can reduce your commuting expenses.
- You get access to campus resources/facilities.
If you don’t want to go for an on-campus housing option then you can go for private accommodation. Several private housing options are available in Canada for international candidates. Moreover, most of these housing options are also not that far from Canadian universities.
In other words, you will not need to spend hefty money for covering your travel expenses in the country/nation. However, unlike on-campus housing options off-campus housing options are very expensive. This is true especially if you are searching for a housing option in a popular Canadian state.
Benefits of Off-Campus Accommodation
The following are the major benefits of going for off-campus accommodation in the country:
- You get a chance to select the accommodation that matches your preferences/budget.
- These housing options give more freedom to international candidates. For example, you get the freedom to choose your roommates, live independently, etc.
How to Find a Good Housing Option in the Nation?
Finding a good accommodation at the study destination can be very challenging for you. Especially, if you don’t have a network or adequate resources in the nation. However, there are a few things that you can do for finding good housing options for yourself in the country.
Following is the guide you can follow to find a good housing option for yourself in Canada:
- Research and Network: Before you arrive in the country start looking for housing options in the country. This will help you avoid lots of stress/anxiety when you arrive in the nation for your training. For this, you can take help from property sites in the country. Apart from this, you can also connect with local real estate agents in the country for this.
- Get familiar with tenant laws: You must get yourself familiar with the tenant laws of the nation. Why? Because if you don’t know these laws then you may face legal problems in the country. Moreover, it will also help you know about your rights as a tenant in the nation. So, do learn about tenant laws of the country if you don’t want to face any legal problems.
- Services: Before you sign a rent agreement make sure you ask what services are included in your rent. In most provinces in the nation, rent includes services like meals, internet service, etc. So, do ask the landlord about what services are included in the rent before signing the rent agreement.
Cost of Accommodation
On average, you will need around CAD 6000-15000 a month to pay for an on-campus housing option. However, if you decide to live off-campus in the nation you will need to pay around CAD 16000 a month. But you can reduce your burden if you rent a property in the country with one of your classmates. To learn about the most affordable cities in the nation for studying feel free to contact our Canada study visa consultants in Chandigarh.
Now you know all the things that you need to know about accommodation options in Canada for students. Moreover, now you also know how to find a housing option for yourself in the country. So, do keep this info in mind if you don’t want to face difficulty in finding accommodation in Canada.